***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

~MOH~


In less than a month, I will be representing my BFF, Jaima, as her maid of honor! Technically, I am considered a “matron of honor” but I really do not care for the word “matron,” in my mind it does not have a positive nor youthful connotation. I have taken my role very seriously, and have sincerely loved every minute of it!

First- I love Jaima. We have been friends, through thick and thin since 9th grade, 14 years old baby! Our paths first crossed at St. Joseph the Worker Catholic Parish. In 1991, Jaima and I both made our first Holy Communion here. Not knowing one another at this time, it is quite random that in my stack of pictures from this special day, someone caught a shot of Jaima and her Mom. {Sign from God}. Years later, completely across the Salt Lake valley, Jaima and I made our Confirmation together at Blessed Sacrament Catholic Parish in 1998. {Sign from God}. At last, we were both freshmen students at Juan Diego and our friendship blossomed, LOL.{Sign from God}.

We have gone through high school, college at the U and lots of boyfriends together. She was with me as a Bridesmaid on my Wedding day (and she introduced Mikey and I) and now I will stand by her side on her Wedding day.

My role as MOH: Well, considering I am a newly wed, I am neurotic, I love spreadsheets and I love fashion… I have had a lot of advice to offer Jaima, whether she has wanted it or not, since the first day of wedding planning.

I knew the day was coming, as I gathered my spreadsheets, books and lists of vendors for Jaima. Chris told me he was going to propose, and I was in on popping the question. I got to set up the scene for the proposal for Chris. I was an amazing secret-keeper and Jaima was totally surprised.

DUTIES: dress shopping, flower advice, cake advice, invitation shopping, groom’s gift planning, engagement picture hair and makeup, consultation on all things attire, consultation on all things WEDDING, linen shopping, ring shopping with Chris, bridal shower/bachelorette party hosting, consultation, wedding day practice makeup, wedding day practice hair, consultation, words of encouragement on her hard work and her rocking bod, reception detail prep and consultation, support, love, friendship, consultation, LOL. It truly has been such a fun experience so far and I’m truly excited for October 9!

Stay tuned for hair and makeup and other day of details. Now, onto another day as a rockin’ MOH with plenty of consulting!





2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh... Love you to death and don't know what I would do without you!!! Everything you have done for me means so much! Love you sista and thanks a million!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Sista!!! I am so excited :)

    ReplyDelete