***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Unconditional Love Items

There are those 'items' in life that you don't necessarily have unconditional love for, rather they have an unconditional love for you. These items range from: shoes, nightgowns, accessories, chocolate and of course products. This unconditional love from them is created by the simple fact that they do not care what size you are. Pre-marriage slim or happily married chunky- my shoes, nightgowns, {all things} chocolate, my accessories and all my beauty products still love me the way I am and treat me oh so right.

With my bigger ass I got in a slump. I was feeling ugly every day. Then I said: "self, you still have some great shoes, you have discovered fab beauty products that assist with your face and hair, you have an abundance of accessories and you regularly enjoy chocolate." I basically decided to work with what I have. Would I look better and feel better if I lost some pound'age? Hell yes. It's easier said than done and I am still working on it.

Accessories: Those items which have an unconditional love for you and can quickly add some oomph to any look or outfit. Think - jewelry, bags, scarves, belts, sunglasses, pins, hats, tights, headbands, clips, etc... the list goes on and on!

I have always been a huge fan of all of these aforementioned items. Of all of them, I have the most jewelry. For me jewelry is an easy way to transform any outfit, and many times it can be done without spending a fortune. Coordinating my jewelry with my outfit makes me feel more put together and it can alter the style of the same outfit. I 'collect' jewelry from everywhere. Most of my pieces are from: Express, Forever 21, Arden B and Bebe.

One of my favorite looks is dressing up a solid black or white top with some big statement pieces- a large bib necklace, a long necklace with big earring and bangles, or smaller pieces of jewelry and a bright belt.

Depending on the look you are going for, sometimes less is more. Sometimes it's hard to fight my urge for more. Working at bebe for years, I HAD to wear a minimum of 3 accessories (or was it 4?) in addition to stilettos (no wedges) at all times.


These are the pieces I wear most often. I keep them all hidden on our window sill behind the curtain. I got all of the stands at Tai Pan. I have a great idea for hanging my earrings, I just have not gotten around to creating it yet. {Look for it in the future}.
I love love love this jewelry box. It's vintage, it's my Grandma Gallegos' jewelry box that she gave to me years ago. This box is most often a disaster- usually a knotted mess of post earrings, bracelets and rings. Somehow bobby pins end up in there as well as pretty much any surface of our house, and lets not forget the dozen I see in the vacuum when emptying it!For the pieces I do not wear as often, and just do not have room for get stored in this handy 4-drawer tower.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhhhhhhhh the jewelery box is a gem! I neeed one of those, my jewelery is out of control!

    ReplyDelete