***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Freshman 15 VS. Newlywed 15

Everyone talks about the good ol' freshman 15... the coined term used to describe the 15 pounds of weight gained by (apparently) a number of freshmen college students. Urban Dictionary defines this as: When a first year college student (usually a female) eats a ton, and precedes to sit on her ass and gain 15 lbs. Did you see Suzy back at Christmas? Talk about freshman 15. LOL

What was I doing freshman year? I think I was at an all-time skinny. Working almost full-time, taking a full-load of classes and doing decent and well, partying a ton. Fast food, drinks, all-nighters studying with coffee, red bull and junk food. And, if I do say so myself- my body was at it's prime. I exercised every once and awhile, but not religiously.

I did not deal with the weight gain as a freshmen.

I remember clearly, I was going on a Vegas trip about 3 years ago and I begin to gain some weight... my Bebe, army green (darling) button down dress was getting tight on my hips, my denim shorts were fitting my ass a bit too tight and it did not feel good. WTF? I was not doing one thing different... eating what I wanted and rarely working out. I considered 9 hours in 3.5" heels a workout (mall job). Ah... if only I had that same fat problem now, that super cute green dress won't even fit around one thigh now-a-days.

Blah blah blah, long story short... I have been married for about 8 months now and I am facing a dreadful "Freshman 15" scenario. UH! I am determined to lose 15 pounds by July ya'll. I have been working my butt off (trying to get it off) at the gym multiple times each week, without any noticeable difference thus far, yet remain determined to get back my old "fat body"... why I did not realize what I had? I do not know.

So- in an attempt to hold myself accountable, I will update my efforts mid-May and let you know if I have had any success.

We are going to Mesquite in one week and I currently plan to wear an Ugly Betty poncho at the pool, with coordinating accessories of course.

2 comments:

  1. Cracking me up! NICE chat today.. gooooo team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL.... You are hilarious! Love it! Please really wear the Ugly Betty pancho! LOL

    PS - I didn't even know you could comment on these things or else I would have been doing it all along! :)

    ReplyDelete