***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Baby Shower, Part II: Thee Event

Alicia's Baby Shower has finally arrived! This was my first time (co) hosting a baby shower and it was a huge success! From the invites to the food and decor- it turned out just perfect! Seriously, I really just want to be an event planner. Posh baby showers, elegant bridal showers, beautiful and extravagant birthday parties- this is all (well, not really) I want in life!

In order to get the invitations out in time, I had to order them before we knew the sex of the baby. This meant I had to find a darling gender-neutral design. Well, I found one! Two days before I mailed them out we found out Alicia was having a GIRL and I created an "It's a Girl" insert to include in the invitations. I used a pink powder/glitter with a stamp and special "stamp glue" to create the It's a Girl message on a thick textured white paper... I attached this to a cute pink paper with pink glitter polk-a-dots. I topped this off with a pink gross-grain ribbon with a rhinestone center. What made the invites even cuter? These super cute matching envelopes!













Now, on to the menu. Thus far in Alicia's pregnancy she has been craving Mexican food. {I crave Mexican food daily; what's my excuse?} To satisfy her craving and to surely please the crowd we went with a Cafe Rio taco platter buffet! Tons of tortillas, chicken and pork, beans, rice, chips and salsa and all of the toppings were DELICious! We also got key lime pie and tres leches from Cafe Rio for dessert. Patti handmade these adorable and tasty cupcakes too, adorned with little pink flowers cut from fondant. We served a YUMMy champagne punch too (the same one we enjoyed at my Bridal Shower... )








Decor: Over we were thinking PINK! We stared with all pink eating utensils in two shades of pink. Look how cute I wrapped the fork and knife... I tied the rolled utensils with pink ribbon and attached a safety pin charm. We scattered "It's a Girl" confetti all over the table and drink station. We had three bouquets of pink baby tulips around the party. Baby wash cloths hung from the lighting fixture above the buffet, tied off with different colors and patterns of ribbon. The onesy clothesline is my favorite feature! 15 onesies hung from two shades of pink satin ribbon, attached by a wooden clothes pin. As both Linda, Patti and I got our own onesies, I attached tags with mini pink clothespins so Alicia knew who each onesy was from! I created an Ariana banner... embellishing each letter of her name with glitter, ribbons, buttons and stickers and attaching them with mini clothes pins to a pink gross-grain ribbon. Three pink pillar candles surrounded by pink marbles sat above the name banner and smelled springy-fresh!




Patti had a fabulous idea for the favors... Ariana is due in August. The birth flower of August is the gladiola. Patti packaged a gladiola bulb tied off in a clear wrapping topped with hot pink ribbon and these darling clip-on bright butterflies! Useful, thoughtful and SO cute!












One of my favorite things about this event was my gift! I was determined to learn to make those cute flowers (made of fabric). I made an array of flowers (each taking approximately ONE hour) and hot-glued an alligator clip on the back that they can be interchangeably on the crocheted headbands... there is a matching headband/flower for each outfit I got!





















I cannot wait to meet baby Ariana August 14, 2010. Until the next baby shower...

No comments:

Post a Comment