***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Shake and Bake'esque

Since chicken is thee staple of our dinner menu, I like to prepare it differently. I recently tried a new and superb marinade: olive oil, soy sauce and an onion soup packet. It had great flavor and was super moist. I baked it on a (olive oil-greased) cooking sheet.

This shake and bake'esque experience is one I stole from my Mom (again) and is one of our favorites that is in regular rotation.

1. Coat chicken breasts in egg

2. Cover chicken in bread crumbs, seasoning salt, pepper, chili powder, salad seasoning, etc. (I literally change up what seasonings I use every time I make it depending on my mood and what side dishes I am serving with it, ANYTHING goes well
3.Bake (I have no idea how long to be honest... about 18 minutes, 9 on each side)

Voila! SUPER simple, fast, affordable and SO delicious. I served this one with brocoli and a loaded baked potato. This is Mikey's serving, not mine. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment