***

Life, love, work, guilty pleasures and keeping it real.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Deck the Halls (or the corner in the apartment)



With a large-ass couch, two end tables and one small front room, your Christmas decor options may become limited. Think again. With hopes for a small tree to nicely fit in the assigned crevice in our front room, we fell in love with our too big of tree at the lot. Perfect shade of green and a nice shape... how could we say no? Seriously.
All said and done... I had to eliminate both end tables and push the couch (which bugs me a little OCD style, but it's fine and looks fab)!

We spread holiday cheer, sipped on spiked cider and chopped down our tree in the forest. Best way to kick off the holidays. (The tree cutting adventure is a tradition Mikey's entire family has done each year.)

No snow... yet.
Within two hours of taking this picture at the tree lot, snow began to fall like crazy!
Our 2nd tree!

Last year was our first married Christmas, and also the first Christmas either of us had spent away from home. This meant... (no tears) ... shopping for Christmas decor and defining a theme for our apartment! I stuck with the classics: red and green. A bright green replaced the traditional pine green and paired with bright red, it looks great and festive! Another major theme throughout our place is glitter!!!!! Diamonds {{{and glitter}}} are both a girl's best friend in my opinion. While glitter is not acceptable year round, I am happy to glitter-fy my home for the Holidays!


Oh Christmas tree oh Christmas TrEe
Holiday mantle! I created a glittertastic mantle piece with a plain
pine garland, ribbon to match our tree and some
fun glitter pine cones!


With two end tables being kicked out of this room and a lack of
storage space, I created a random holiday 'shrine'... random'ness
at it's finest.


I LOVE all things Barbie. Since I was super young, I have collected
a Barbie ornament each year. It began with Holiday Barbie, this year
an adorable shoe tree! Pink, glitter, heels? YES please.


Glitter artichokes are critical for this time of year...


So are glitter balls, everyone is doing it.

Happy Holidays
friends, and best wishes for an even better new year.
{Wishes for lots of love, happiness and glitter too}


XOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love it! It looks beautiful! Props on a real tree. I HAVE to have a fake one so I can bend the branches to hold my ribbon and tulle on. haha! I am a cheater I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Mikey absolutely insists on a real tree, so I have no choice. I do love that you can make fake trees look SO perfect, like yours!

    ReplyDelete